The Public Interest and Accountability Committee (PIAC) is a statutory Committee established by the Petroleum Revenue Management Act (Act 815) to monitor the usage and management of the petroleum revenues for the benefit of the citizenry.
As part of the strategy to equip the Secretariat, the Committee is seeking to employ the services of a full time Communications Officer who has the ability to function as part of a team.
Applications are invited from qualified, experienced and dedicated persons to fill the vacancy for the post of Communications Officer for the Public Interest and Accountability Committee.
A. Job Description:
The Communications Officer will be responsible for managing the communications and information operations of PIAC. The main purpose of this position is to facilitate effective communication between PIAC and the external public by ensuring high brand visibility of the Committee at all times. The Communications Officer will be responsible for the following:
• Coordinates the development and implementation of PIAC’s communications, public relations and outreach in line with PIAC’s strategic direction and programme objectives
• Work with the Senior Management Team to plan, develop and roll out PIAC’s communications strategy to maximize public awareness and engagement
• Responsible for press releases, statutory publications and success stories.
• and corporate positions on topical development issues
• Design, manage and maintain PIAC’s social media presence
• Ensure production and dissemination of a quarterly & annual newsletter and annual narrative report
• Collect, collate, edit and publish all PIAC documentation for both internal and external audiences ensuring that they are of the highest quality
• Manage the PIAC website to ensure it is constantly updated, interesting and interactive–using appropriate social media platforms as a vehicle
• Coordinates field visits to project sites and ensures proper dissemination of information for events and success stories
• Develops and maintains relationships with media and other partners throughout the country.
• Closely monitors and tracks media coverage of PIAC’s events and activities
• Ensures promotion of various events and activities of the Committee in the media and online platforms
• Source, commission and edit news, images and videos for the website and online media.
B. Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or any related field
• At least 5 years of work experience in media relations, reporting and developing communication plans and material or a Second Degree with at least 3 years working experience
• Knowledge of the extractive sector will be an added advantage
• Good communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills
• Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
• Able to function well as part of a team
• Diligent attention to detail
• Results oriented
• Strong in using Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
• Skills in designing simple infographics for campaigns
• Graphic design, photography, and printing experience
• Integrity and confidentiality
D. How to apply
Applicants should send their application to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver personally to the PIAC Secretariat in East Legon, Nii Amon Kotey Street, Accra 2 weeks after date of publication. You may call 0302 242 006 for directions.